How to backup your Cardex within Point
It is recommended to backup your Cardex on a monthly basis. By exporting both versions of the file you increase your chance of recovery if needed. If for some reason the XML will not reimport/recover your Cardex you can get the information back out of the txt file.
The steps are as follows:
1) Log into Calyx
2) Click on the icon at the top of your menu bar that looks like
this or click on “Utilities” and “Cardex Database”
3) You should get a screen that looks like this
4) From this screen click on “File” and “Export” and this screen should appear
Leave the defaults and just click on “Export”
5) You will be asked to save the file, be sure to save it somewhere you will be able to find it if needed for recovery.
6) Click on “File” again and now click on “Export to Calyx PDS”.
7) At this point you will be asked again to save the file and again be sure to save it somewhere you will be able to find it when you need it to recover your database.