If you own a business or are given the task of keeping up with potential clients or current customers, chances are you already know that email marketing is one of the most effective digital marketing strategies you can use with the amount of email users expected to rise to 255 million in the US by the end of 2020.
Because of that, many people think the more emails the better, but really that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Think about when you take a stroll through your inbox: Are you more likely to open a message from that company that bombards you with several emails a week or that note you get twice a month or so from that business you love?
That’s what we thought.
The secret is this: You have to make sure what you are sending out is jam packed with value.
Before sending an email think:
- “What will this teach my tribe?”
- “What will my people gain from this?”
- “Will this bring a smile to their face? Lead to inspired action? Get them thinking about an important next step?”
And if you can’t answer one or more of those questions, chances are the emails shouldn’t be being sent — especially since 69% of users unsubscribe because they get “too many emails” from a business.
Some facts to help optimize open rates:
- Personalized emails are the way to go.
- Marketers have seen a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns.
- Automated emails generate 320% more revenue than non-automated emails.
- Catchy subject lines are a game changer.
- Mobile email will account from 22-77% of email opens — make sure your emails are mobile friendly!
This can seem like a ton of work upfront, but it’s worth the payoff and your audience will thank you!
Not interested in doing the manual labor yourself? Try our Pulse Marketing automated email campaigns — customizable to your needs, new content coming regularly + always written with your mission in mind.
Do you have an email marketing game plan? Have questions you’d like answered from our marketing pro? Let us know in the comments!